1 percent now owns more than at any time in the past 50 years
The top 20 percent of households own 90 percent of the stuff in America Their average net worth? $3 million. That leaves just 10 percent of the pie for the remaining 80 percent of the populace. The American top 1 percent gobble up twice as much (40 percent) as the top 1 percent in France, the U.K., or Canada, and more than three times as much as the top 1 percent in Finland.