Things going on right now … or at least when I posted it here.
Thinking about what's happening.
- Steven Bannon goes from defiant to begging for mercy after prosecutors recommend prison sentence: ‘I shouldn’t be jailed for listening to my lawyers’ – DeadState October 17, 2022
This Monday, the Justice Department recommended that Steve Bannon spend six months in prison coupled with a $200,000 fine after he was convicted this summer on two criminal contempt charges after he refused to comply with a subpoena from the House committee investigating the Capitol riot.According to Mediaite, Bannon pleaded with the court to give ...
- Update April 2, 2022
Haven’t been to the site a lot in the past few months. Just took a look (as a visitor) and noticed a few things that need to be fixed. Some pages are still showing the parent of the page to be the OLD site root. Need to fix that. Even though the OLD site root ...
- 1 percent now owns more than at any time in the past 50 years April 24, 2018
The top 20 percent of households own 90 percent of the stuff in America Their average net worth? $3 million. That leaves just 10 percent of the pie for the remaining 80 percent of the populace. The American top 1 percent gobble up twice as much (40 percent) as the top 1 percent in ...
- Why are The Stoneman Douglas Students So Good At This? Their School Actually Educated Them. March 4, 2018
“The students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
returned to class Wednesdaymorning two weeks and moral centuries after a tragic mass shooting ended the lives of 17 classmates and teachers. Sen. Marco Rubio marked their return by scolding them for being “infected” with “arrogance” and “boasting.” The Florida legislature marked their return by enacting a $67 million program to ...
- Trump’s former White House adviser coincidentally sold off all of his steel-related stocks last week March 3, 2018
On Thursday white supremacist in chief Donald Trump annoucned that he would be announcing tariffs on steel and aluminum sometime soon.
One of the many swamp creatures Donald Trump invited into the white house
was billionaire investor Carl Icahn—who became Trump’s “special adviser on regulatory matters” at the beginning of Trump’s term in office. For Icahn that meant ...
- Krugman: Congratulations America, You’ve Been Scammed. March 3, 2018
So you go out for dinner with a wealthy acquaintance. “I’ll take care of everything,” he says, and orders you a hamburger. Then he orders himself an expensive steak and a bottle of wine, which he doesn’t share. And when the waiter comes with the check, he points at you and says, “Charge it to ...
- How Facebook May Have Destroyed Our Democracy—For Good October 15, 2017
The Russians simply applied the techniques they’d already been using on their own citizens to the 2016 American presidential campaign, taking full advantage of the fact that no one would be able—at least until after the fact—to track their meddling due to the sheer inundation of postings targeted to specific pro-Trump voters. And America did ...
- America may be galloping toward authoritarian neo-fascism October 15, 2017
“Here, President Trump defined ‘fake news’ the way joseph
Stalin defined ‘enemies of the people’: if they offer a slightest objection to his rule they must be wrong,” Kruscheva told the Washington Examiner. “And they must be silenced.”
Nina Kruscheva, an international affairs professor at new york
’s The New School and granddaughter of Soviet leader Nikita ...
- Gullibility October 15, 2017
Imagine for a moment being so gullible that you could actually believe
the following things:
That Trump is a Christian in any meaningful sense at all, or cares even the tiniest little bit about religion and morality.
That there was actually some sort of plot to stop people from saying Merry Christmas.
That Trump has reversed that reality ...
- 69 House Republicans agree with Trump: Let Puerto Rico drown – Shareblue Media October 15, 2017
Between slow-walking military aid to the island, viciously attacking the mayor of San Juan, throwing paper towels at people with no water and power, and repeatedly refusing to allow foreign ships to enter Puerto Rican ports with supplies, he is whining about how ungrateful Puerto Ricans are and that FEMA cannot stay “forever.” Trump is ...
- Top Bush aide to GOP: ‘It’s time to panic’ | TheHill October 14, 2017
“The time for whispered criticisms and quiet snickering is over,” Gerson writes. “The time for panic and decision is upon us
. It is no longer possible to safely ignore the leaked cries for help coming from within the administration,They reveal a president raging against enemies, obsessed by slights, deeply uninformed and incurious, unable to focus, ...
- Thrashing around in a rage, Trump unleashes a new volley of threats – The Washington Post October 14, 2017
Are you tired of all the winning yet?
Trump is exhibiting the traits of “dictatorial leaders throughout history and in illiberal societies throughout the world.”
“He is showing clear signs of an authoritarian leader, most notably by blurring the national and the personal, considering critique of him critique of the country, and clearly considers dissent as unpatriotic and ...
- Sinister figures lurk around our careless president – The Washington Post October 14, 2017
The axiom that “Hell is truth seen too late” is mistaken; damnation deservedly comes to those who tardily speak truth that has long been patent.
his crusade to make America great again is increasingly dominated by people who explicitly repudiate America’s premises. The faux nationalists of the “alt-right” and their fellow travelers such as Stephen K. Bannon, ...
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian Oxford Today October 14, 2017
‘We shouldn’t be complacent,’ she warns. ‘People are worried — our system looks a bit shaky at the moment. If I were Jewish, given the history of europe
’s treatment of Jews, I would get nervous.’It is also reasonable today to anticipate a possible major war, MacMillan says. She notes that Steve Bannon has said ‘there ...
- FEMA: “Not our job to deliver water and food” to Puerto Ricans. Think I am making this up? Wrong! October 14, 2017
The game plan in Puerto Rico is clear.
The sons of bitches are going to grind those poor bastards into dust, trigger a mass exodus of those who can afford to leave, and then swoop in and buy up the land
at fire sale prices so they can build high priced condos to use as real ...
No tags assigned.