Things going on right now … or at least when I posted it here.
Thinking about what's happening.
- Lynch people who take down Confederate monuments, says Mississippi state rep. on Facebook May 27, 2017
Over the past few hours, I’ve watched as a Facebook post (which Facebook has just taken down — screenshot above) by Mississippi state representative Karl Oliver has become a national news sensation as multiple major MSM outlets have now picked up on his call for people who take down Confederate monuments to be lynched. Here’s ...
- The life and death of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory – The Washington Post May 27, 2017
When Seth Rich’s Gmail account received an alert this week from Mega.com, attempting to start a new account on a website created by the New Zealand-based Internet businessman and convicted hacker Kim Dotcom, his family knew that something was off.
A conspiracy theory that began on pro-President Trump message boards — a theory that Rich was ...
- Nobel Prize economist on Trump’s budget: ‘You could say it’s a collection of lies put together’ May 27, 2017
what’s striking is, while he assumes that there’s going to be more growth, if you look at the budget, it’s designed to reduce growth. He cuts out support for science, for R&D, which is the basis of productivity growth. He cuts out support for job retraining, so when people leave one job, they can be ...
- He played me for a fool May 27, 2017
Source: ‘He played me for a fool’: Kentucky Trump supporter laments he should have voted for Hillary
Kentucky Trump supporter Wesley Easterling regrets his vote, he believed it when Trump told voters he would fight for them. Now, however, Trump is cutting programs that help people like him survive
Easterling is on food stamps and Medicaid and ...
- Military Publicly Humiliates Trump May 27, 2017
“We have two submarines—the best in the world,” Trump told Duterte. “We don’t have to use this, but could be crazy, so we will see what happens.”
This is CLEARLY a breach of national security, and it has top officials in the Pentagon horrified.
Trump’s loose lips have broadcast the location of two of America’s most ...
- White House Admits Trump Lied About Bringing Back Coal Jobs May 27, 2017
The truth is that the coal jobs are gone, and they aren’t coming back. Trump lied to former and current coal miners in places like West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and Western Pennsylvania.
Coal company bankruptcies and job losses in the Appalachian region weren’t caused by “federal regulations” as the company owners and Republicans like to claim. ...
- Trump’s boasts about jobs saved at Carrier start to evaporate | MSNBC May 26, 2017
Carrier, the company President Trump pledged to keep on American soil, informed the state of Indiana this week that it will soon begin cutting 632 workers from an Indianapolis factory. The manufacturing jobs will move to Monterrey, Mexico, where the minimum wage is $3.90 per day. That was never supposed to happen, according to Trump’s ...
- German newspaper rips Trump, calling him ‘unfit’ and ‘a danger to the world’ May 26, 2017
Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the united states
. He does not possess the requisite intellect and does not understand the significance of the office he holds nor the tasks associated with it. He doesn’t read. He doesn’t bother to peruse important files and intelligence reports and knows little about the issues that he has ...
- FBI probing attempted hack of Trump Organization, officials say – ABC News May 26, 2017
On May 5, golf writer James Dodson told WBUR radio that Eric Trump had bragged to him that Trump golf courses “have all the funding we need out of Russia,” a statement Eric Trump later denied making. In 2008, Don Jr. told investors in Moscow that the Trump Organization had trademarked the Donald Trump name ...
- Trump’s budget seen as ‘slap in the face’ to rural voters who elected him May 26, 2017
“We’re in the middle of a farm crisis with no end in sight and they look at what the president’s proposing and they don’t see any help. They see a slap in the face,” said Donn Teske, president of the Kansas Farmers Union and vice president of the National Farmers Union, who runs a small ...
- (20) NowThis – Neil deGrasse Tyson has some legit advice on waging the… May 25, 2017
Source: (20) NowThis – Neil deGrasse Tyson has some legit advice on waging the…
- Trump’s Hysterically Stupid Tweet Seeks Apology From Clinton For Something That Never Happened April 4, 2017
Donald J. Trump
Did hillary clinton
ever apologize for receiving the answers to the debate? Just asking!
4:21 AM – 3 Apr 2017
The first laughably absurd observation about this drivel is that Hillary Clinton
never received any “answers” to the debate. What Trump is ineptly attempting to reference is the allegation that Donna Brazile passed along ...
- It Took Donald Trump 8 Days To Bring The U.S. To The Brink Of A Constitutional Crisis | The Huffington Post January 30, 2017
“Obedience to specific court orders is what keeps us
from being a banana republic or fascist dictatorship. That’s a really
“Saturday’s ruling does not undercut the president’s executive order,” a senior white house
official told NBC News midday Sunday in reference to the Brooklyn judge’s decision. “All stopped visas will remain stopped. All halted ...
- WaPo Factcheck Attack on Sanders’ ACA Warning at Odds With Actual Facts | FAIR January 30, 2017
The biggest and most definitive study of what happens to death rates when Medicaid coverage is expanded, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that for every 455 people who gained coverage across several states, one life was saved per year. Applying that figure to even a conservative estimate of 20 million losing coverage in the ...
- Ex-Breitbart Alt-Nazi promoter Steve Bannon is author of Trump’s executive orders January 28, 2017
In one of the most comprehensive investigations of fraud, Justin Levitt of Loyola law
School, Los Angeles turned up 31 credible instances of voter impersonation out of more than 1 billion votes cast between 2000 and 2014. Some of those cases may have been because of clerical errors. Levitt’s investigation suggests that while voter impersonation does indeed happen, it ...
No tags assigned.