Things going on right now … or at least when I posted it here.
Thinking about what's happening.
- Trump’s transition team crafting a new blacklist—for anyone who believes in climate change December 10, 2016
Newt Gingrich urged Trump to revive joseph
McCarthy’s HUAC Committee, but it appears Trump means to do better than that. The Trump transition team is already building a blacklist at the Department of Energy. The transition team has asked the agency to list employees and contractors who attended United Nations climate meetings, along with those who helped ...
- Rachel Maddow: Poll shows Trump voters live in alternate state of reality December 10, 2016
Rachel Maddow dissected a PPP poll exclusively pre-released to MSNBC that showed the Trump voter is severely detached from reality.
Source: Rachel Maddow: Poll shows Trump voters live in alternate state of reality
- Amazon’s “The Man In The High Castle”, A Cautionary Tale Of Normalization December 10, 2016
The acceptance of horrible things that seem out of our control has long been a trademark of what it means to be human. Only a select few who see those issues of inhumanity who stand up repeatedly. At a certain point, many simply say “OK, well, I guess this is how it is”.
Source: Amazon’s “The ...
- Senate Republicans fighting on Obamacare repeal, Democrats passing the popcorn December 10, 2016
Speaking of replacement, it’s pretty telling that they can’t even get on the same page on how to repeal the damn law
. There’s not a chance in hell they can actually make a replacement law that they can get all Republicans on board with. So incoming Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer is piling on: “They have ...
- Washington Monthly | Republican Ideology and Obstruction Are No Substitute for a Plan December 10, 2016
While articulating ideological goals can win a public relations contest in the short term, unless they are grounded in pragmatic solutions, they can come back to haunt you over the long term. We are now witnessing a perfect example of that as Republicans are faced with the challenge of following through on their promise to ...
- Washington Monthly | The Right’s War on Unions Will Finish Us Off December 10, 2016
The Republicans never have been a friend to miners, and they’re only perceived that way right now because the entire industry is collapsing and the GOP says that they can do something about it. At some point, it’s going to become clear that destroying unions and devouring pensions is what’s really
on the Trump menu.
- More Than 6 Million Americans Who Want Full-Time Jobs Are Stuck Working Part-Time – Working In These Times December 10, 2016
voluntary part-time work has remained more or less stable since 2007, around the start of the recession. But involuntary part-time work has increased by about 18 times the rate of growth of all work, and five times faster than part-time work. Currently, some 6.4 million Americans who want full-time jobs are stuck working part-time hours
- Democrats, Don’t Repeat Obama’s Biggest Mistake | New Republic December 10, 2016
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told reporters last week.: “Once you say that everybody should be covered, can’t be denied coverage because they are sick—which most Americans would agree with that—you put yourself in a box. Somebody’s got to work through this problem. If we’re going to accept the proposition that you can never be denied ...
- In today’s episode of ‘Pimping the Presidency’ … November 30, 2016
makes a little over $400,000 a year in his current job as president. According to the article, rent at Trump Tower is currently going for $170,000 per month—more than a cool $2 million a year. Nice work, Trump … even though you don’t start work for at least another month or so.
Source: In today’s episode of ...
- Aftermath 2016: Tess Rafferty’s hard-hitting statement on the election of Trump. November 26, 2016
if you voted for Trump, I do think you are a racist. I do think you’re homophobic. I do think you’re a misogynist. Racism, and homophobia, and misogyny are all a spectrum, and you’re on it. You might not be a ‘cheering while a black man gets lynched’ racist, but boy, did you just sell ...
- Evangelicals pretty proud of electing Trump after decades of judging people for their ‘lifestyles’ November 26, 2016
white evangelicals lost any claim to morality this election. Never again can they claim the high ground or say a candidate is unfit for office because of their personal beliefs or actions. They have sullied themselves by jumping into bed with Trump. It’s satisfying to see how proud they are after having spent the last several decades ...
- This is a long email about Daily Kos, but please read the whole thing. It’s important. – firstname.lastname@example.org – Gmail November 25, 2016
Donald Trump’s victory is a call to action to progressives everywhere. His campaign was the most misogynist, racist, xenophobic, and Islamophobic in history. He campaigned for a more aggressive police state and mass deportation. He promised to destroy any progress made on climate change, and Republicans have promised to use his presidency to privatize Medicare ...
- Kids in Michigan have no right to be educated in state’s schools November 25, 2016
The lawsuit says the schools are in “slum-like conditions” and “functionally incapable of delivering access to literacy.” The case, filed in federal court, directly accuses Gov. Rick Snyder, the state school board and others of violating the civil rights of low-income students.
Source: Kids in Michigan have no right to be educated in state’s schools
- Trump’s top pick for Health and Human Services believes all women can afford contraception November 25, 2016
The part of the law that says your insurance company has to cover your prescription birth control without charge (beyond your office visit co-pay) will almost
certainly be gone.
Source: Trump’s top pick for Health and Human Services believes all women can afford contraception
- To Topple the King November 22, 2016
There’s a lesson in this that’s similar to one learned from the Hundred Years War (or Game of Thrones). Once someone shows that it’s possible to topple the king, organizing to do it again only becomes easier. And easier. Gingrich conservatives ate the traditional republican party
. Then the tea party
ate them. Now the white ...
No tags assigned.