This is the Blog. All Blog posts are shown here.
- Even now, Trump struggles to understand the basics of unemployment | MSNBC January 13, 2017
It is unfortunately very far from the real number. There are in fact 96 million Americans age 16 and older who are not in the labor force. Of this, just 5.4 million, or 91 million fewer than the number cited by Trump, say they want a job. The rest are retired, sick, disabled, running their ...
- Kellyanne Conway assails media for listening to what Trump says January 13, 2017
Being a grown-ass man, a 70-year-old man in actual fact, one about to be inaugurated president, and sending your minions out to insist that what you say publicly in front of an audience should not be taken seriously? That’s one of the many things that would be pathetic if Trump’s upcoming inauguration didn’t make it ...
- Comparing Presidential Administrations by Arrests and Convictions: A Warning for Trump Appointees January 12, 2017
I would not be surprised if this new Administration sets records for the number of indictments, convictions, and prison sentences.
Source: Comparing Presidential Administrations by Arrests and Convictions: A Warning for Trump Appointees
- Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time | GQ January 11, 2017
Bill Clinton will long be revered because he’s charismatic, presided over an economic revival, and changed and elevated the view of the Democratic Party
. barack obama
will long be revered because he’s charismatic, presided over an economic revival, and changed and elevated the view of the presidency. He’s simply bigger than Bill.
Source: Why Obama Will ...
- Deficits Matter Again – The New York Times January 10, 2017
Not long ago prominent Republicans like paul ryan
, the speaker of the House, liked to warn in apocalyptic terms about the dangers of budget deficits, declaring that a Greek-style crisis was just around the corner. But now, suddenly, those very same politicians are perfectly happy with the prospect of deficits swollen by tax cuts; the ...
- Look at Trump’s heart??? January 10, 2017
It’s a remarkable approach to defending the indefensible, and it’s hard to imagine Conway seriously believing her own rhetoric. It’s the closest I’ve ever seen a political figure come to literally asking, “Who are you going to believe
, me or your lying eyes?”
1. Donald Trump says a lot of things that aren’t true
2. Trump’s allies, ...
- Trump is about to have a lesson in Civics 101. January 8, 2017
Let’s start with the cabinet. Several of them are in for a very rough ride. Trump is going to be criticized, both inside and outside of the hearings for having nominated them. Trump’s usual reaction to criticism is to take to Twitter and criticize and insult the person or people who criticized him in the ...
- McCain and Graham bow to McConnell’s obstruction of Russia hacking investigation January 8, 2017
McConnell also blocked public release of information about what was happening ahead of the elections, so nothing new here. “Top Republican obstructing release of politically inconvenient information” is not exactly breaking news in this day and age. Just as “John McCain talks just big enough to be called a maverick, then backs down” is a story we’ve ...
- We’re the popular party: Senate Democrats won over 23 million more votes than Republicans January 7, 2017
there are more people on our side than theirs—and the votes prove it. The Democratic candidate recieved 3,000,0000 more votes than the Republican candidate in the presidential election and the 48 members of the Democratic caucus in the Senate, in their most recent respective elections , collectively earned 78.4 million votes on their way to ...
- Trump discovers he doesn’t like leaks after all | MSNBC January 7, 2017
It’s a curious posture. Trump doesn’t want Congress to investigate a foreign adversary subverting American democracy on his behalf, but he does want Congress to investigate a news organization – in this case, NBC News – reporting details he doesn’t like. Of course, during his time as a presidential candidate, Trump thought leaks were great ...
- Buffalo School Board Passes Resolution Telling Carl Paladino To Resign Within 24 Hours | The Huffington Post December 30, 2016
Paladino was Donald Trump’s new york
campaign co-chair and currently sits on the nine-member Buffalo school board. In recent days, he’s faced intense criticism for his answers to a local newspaper’s questionnaire about what he would like to see happen in 2017. Paladino said he’d like President Barack Obama
to die from mad cow disease ...
- Senator Says Trump Has ‘Maturity Of A 5-Year-Old’ — Which Makes Nuke Talk Very Scary | The Huffington Post December 27, 2016
On Thursday, Trump’s aides claimed their boss wasn’t actually arguing for building more nuclear weapons ― to which the president-elect reportedly responded Friday that he was fine with doing just that. “Let it be an arms race,” he allegedly told MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski. “We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all.” Trump’s ...
- North Carolina’s Democracy Ranked On Par With Cuba | The Huffington Post December 27, 2016
“it adds up to a deep atrophy of democracy that is no longer worth its name,” Reynolds said. “We claim to be the greatest democracy in the world, but if you look at the symptoms, it’s pretty sick.”
“Since 2010, the NC gop
has systematically engaged in a dangerous partisan political agenda, making it harder for ...
- Job Losses Mount in Kansas Jobs Report Disaster. The Republican Canary Is Dying. December 23, 2016
Earlier this week, Donald Trump named Sam Brownback as one of his “key advisors” on agriculture policy, including trade. Meanwhile, Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State, became a significant author of the National Republican Platform. With the Kansas brain trust
bringing their battle plan to the national republican party
, you’d think more attention would be ...
- China Tells Trump’s Fools, Want A Trade War? We’ll Start By Targeting Republican States. December 23, 2016
The Chinese are not going to mess around with Trump’s threats, they’re going to respond, and they’re going to respond where it hurts. The ever Republican farmers who are already suffering low crop prices, are about to learn the lesson that willful ignorance of a candidate and an entire party is going to have a ...
No tags assigned.