This is the Blog. All Blog posts are shown here.
- What Those Who Studied Nazis Can Teach Us About The Strange Reaction To Donald Trump | The Huffington Post December 21, 2016
We should not waste our time or imaginations trying to reconfigure Trumpism to explain why all of the “good people” supported him. It is more important to see it for what it is and resist. Hopefully, they will join us
. If not, it will not be necessary to call them names, they will have named ...
- Washingtonpost.com: Ford and GM Scrutinized for Alleged Nazi Collaboration December 18, 2016
Source: Washingtonpost.com: Ford and GM Scrutinized for Alleged Nazi Collaboration
- (5) Earth Times – Timeline December 15, 2016
Check out Earth Times at http://www.earthtimes.org/ and their FaceBook Page at https://www.facebook.com/earthtimes/. Lots of really
interesting things there.
You can’t just knock off Sumatran rainforest – though there’s precious little left. Living in one of the 2 refuges of the 2 fast disappearing species, the rarer Sumatran orang utan is called Pongo abelii. http://www.earthtimes.org/…/orangutan-engineer-gains-…/1933/
- U. S. Electoral College: 2016 Key Dates December 13, 2016
The official U.S. Electoral College web
site, providing current presidential election state electors timeline and roles and responsibilities, laws and requirements, and vote distribution.
U.S. Electoral College Home
2016 Presidential Election
What is the Electoral College?
Electoral College Maps:
Make Your Own
View and Analyze Past Results
Historical Election Results
For State Officials
Frequently Asked Questions
U.S. Election & Voting Resources
Search the U.S. ...
- Analysis: Trump’s Cabinet dubbed ‘Goldman, generals and gazillionaires’ December 12, 2016
Donald Trump ran for the White House
as an outsider and a pragmatist. But he’s quickly putting together an administration that will be the most fiercely conservative of any in decades. After campaigning as the least ideological presidential contender in modern times, Trump is naming a Cabinet and senior White House staff that is dominated by retired military leaders, wealthy ...
- Russian efforts to boost Trump campaign jolt political world | MSNBC December 12, 2016
Trump’s transition team issued a statement on Friday night that read, in its entirety, “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It’s now time to move on and ‘Make America Great ...
- Carl Bernstein: Donald Trump’s Disdain For Facts Worse Than Nixon | The Huffington Post December 12, 2016
“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way that this president-elect does,” Bernstein said on CNN’s Reliable Sources. “It has something to do with the growing sense of authoritarianism that he and his presidency are projecting and the ...
- Top House Republican Unveils Plan To Gut Social Security | The Huffington Post December 12, 2016
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas), chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee’s Subcommittee on social security
, released a plan Thursday to reform Social Security
that would drastically reduce benefits. Johnson would make Social Security’s benefit formula less generous for all but the lowest earners, rapidly raise the retirement age and reduce the annual cost-of-living adjustment
- The Tainted Election – The New York Times December 12, 2016
This election was an outrage, and we should never forget it. Nothing that happened on Election Day or is happening now is normal. Democratic norms have been and continue to be violated, and anyone who refuses to acknowledge this reality is, in effect, complicit in the degradation of our republic. This president will have a ...
- Ivanka used the prime minister of Japan to bolster a business deal—and Republicans bet no one cares December 11, 2016
It’s no accident that what we learned about Trump’s call to Argentina came via an Argentinian journalist. What we learned about India came from an Indian news article. Trump intends to tell Americans nothing about his massive and ongoing conflicts of interest. Except, of course, when a photo op can be turned into profit. Like how ...
- Cartoon: If social justice movements tried not to offend anyone December 11, 2016
When you hear someone throwing around the suddenly-ubiquitous term “identity politics,” it’s useful to try substituting the words “civil rights” and “equality.” “Identity politics” can easily be used as a frame that trivializes bedrock progressive values — as though fighting, say, voter suppression is the frivolous agenda of a special interest group. Do some people take their idealism too far? Of course. But the ...
- GOP congresswoman gets surprise on Facebook after asking constituents for Obamacare horror stories December 11, 2016
just a small sample of the hundreds or even thousands of comments left on her Facebook page. It is damn clear that her constituents are loving the Affordable Care Act. Will she take their comments to heart and abandon attempts to take insurance coverage away from her constituents?
congresswoman gets surprise on Facebook after ...
- Trump’s transition team crafting a new blacklist—for anyone who believes in climate change December 10, 2016
Newt Gingrich urged Trump to revive joseph
McCarthy’s HUAC Committee, but it appears Trump means to do better than that. The Trump transition team is already building a blacklist at the Department of Energy. The transition team has asked the agency to list employees and contractors who attended United Nations climate meetings, along with those who helped ...
- Rachel Maddow: Poll shows Trump voters live in alternate state of reality December 10, 2016
Rachel Maddow dissected a PPP poll exclusively pre-released to MSNBC that showed the Trump voter is severely detached from reality.
Source: Rachel Maddow: Poll shows Trump voters live in alternate state of reality
- Amazon’s “The Man In The High Castle”, A Cautionary Tale Of Normalization December 10, 2016
The acceptance of horrible things that seem out of our control has long been a trademark of what it means to be human. Only a select few who see those issues of inhumanity who stand up repeatedly. At a certain point, many simply say “OK, well, I guess this is how it is”.
Source: Amazon’s “The ...
No tags assigned.