Everything is political. Oh what a tangled web we weave when politics gets involved.
Everything is political.
- Trump discovers he doesn’t like leaks after all | MSNBC January 7, 2017
It’s a curious posture. Trump doesn’t want Congress to investigate a foreign adversary subverting American democracy on his behalf, but he does want Congress to investigate a news organization – in this case, NBC News – reporting details he doesn’t like. Of course, during his time as a presidential candidate, Trump thought leaks were great ...
- Buffalo School Board Passes Resolution Telling Carl Paladino To Resign Within 24 Hours | The Huffington Post December 30, 2016
Paladino was Donald Trump’s New York
campaign co-chair and currently sits on the nine-member Buffalo school board. In recent days, he’s faced intense criticism for his answers to a local newspaper’s questionnaire about what he would like to see happen in 2017. Paladino said he’d like President barack obama
to die from mad cow disease ...
- Senator Says Trump Has ‘Maturity Of A 5-Year-Old’ — Which Makes Nuke Talk Very Scary | The Huffington Post December 27, 2016
On Thursday, Trump’s aides claimed their boss wasn’t actually arguing for building more nuclear weapons ― to which the president-elect reportedly responded Friday that he was fine with doing just that. “Let it be an arms race,” he allegedly told MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski. “We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all.” Trump’s ...
- North Carolina’s Democracy Ranked On Par With Cuba | The Huffington Post December 27, 2016
“it adds up to a deep atrophy of democracy that is no longer worth its name,” Reynolds said. “We claim to be the greatest democracy in the world, but if you look at the symptoms, it’s pretty sick.”
“Since 2010, the NC gop
has systematically engaged in a dangerous partisan political agenda, making it harder for ...
- Job Losses Mount in Kansas Jobs Report Disaster. The Republican Canary Is Dying. December 23, 2016
Earlier this week, Donald Trump named Sam Brownback as one of his “key advisors” on agriculture policy, including trade. Meanwhile, Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State, became a significant author of the National Republican Platform. With the Kansas brain trust
bringing their battle plan to the national republican party
, you’d think more attention would be ...
- China Tells Trump’s Fools, Want A Trade War? We’ll Start By Targeting Republican States. December 23, 2016
The Chinese are not going to mess around with Trump’s threats, they’re going to respond, and they’re going to respond where it hurts. The ever Republican farmers who are already suffering low crop prices, are about to learn the lesson that willful ignorance of a candidate and an entire party is going to have a ...
- What Those Who Studied Nazis Can Teach Us About The Strange Reaction To Donald Trump | The Huffington Post December 21, 2016
We should not waste our time or imaginations trying to reconfigure Trumpism to explain why all of the “good people” supported him. It is more important to see it for what it is and resist. Hopefully, they will join us
. If not, it will not be necessary to call them names, they will have named ...
- U. S. Electoral College: 2016 Key Dates December 13, 2016
The official U.S. Electoral College web site, providing current presidential election state electors timeline and roles and responsibilities, laws and requirements, and vote distribution.
U.S. Electoral College Home
2016 Presidential Election
What is the Electoral College?
Electoral College Maps:
Make Your Own
View and Analyze Past Results
Historical Election Results
For State Officials
Frequently Asked Questions
U.S. Election & Voting Resources
Search the U.S. ...
- Analysis: Trump’s Cabinet dubbed ‘Goldman, generals and gazillionaires’ December 12, 2016
Donald Trump ran for the white house
as an outsider and a pragmatist. But he’s quickly putting together an administration that will be the most fiercely conservative of any in decades. After campaigning as the least ideological presidential contender in modern times, Trump is naming a Cabinet and senior White House
staff that is dominated by retired military leaders, wealthy ...
- Russian efforts to boost Trump campaign jolt political world | MSNBC December 12, 2016
Trump’s transition team issued a statement on Friday night that read, in its entirety, “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It’s now time to move on and ‘Make America Great ...
- Carl Bernstein: Donald Trump’s Disdain For Facts Worse Than Nixon | The Huffington Post December 12, 2016
“Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way that this president-elect does,” Bernstein said on CNN’s Reliable Sources. “It has something to do with the growing sense of authoritarianism that he and his presidency are projecting and the ...
- Top House Republican Unveils Plan To Gut Social Security | The Huffington Post December 12, 2016
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas), chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee’s Subcommittee on social security
, released a plan Thursday to reform Social Security
that would drastically reduce benefits. Johnson would make Social Security’s benefit formula less generous for all but the lowest earners, rapidly raise the retirement age and reduce the annual cost-of-living adjustment
- The Tainted Election – The New York Times December 12, 2016
This election was an outrage, and we should never forget it. Nothing that happened on Election Day or is happening now is normal. Democratic norms have been and continue to be violated, and anyone who refuses to acknowledge this reality is, in effect, complicit in the degradation of our republic. This president will have a ...
- Ivanka used the prime minister of Japan to bolster a business deal—and Republicans bet no one cares December 11, 2016
It’s no accident that what we learned about Trump’s call to Argentina came via an Argentinian journalist. What we learned about India came from an Indian news article. Trump intends to tell Americans nothing about his massive and ongoing conflicts of interest. Except, of course, when a photo op can be turned into profit. Like how ...
- Cartoon: If social justice movements tried not to offend anyone December 11, 2016
When you hear someone throwing around the suddenly-ubiquitous term “identity politics,” it’s useful to try substituting the words “civil rights” and “equality.” “Identity politics” can easily be used as a frame that trivializes bedrock progressive values — as though fighting, say, voter suppression is the frivolous agenda of a special interest group. Do some people take their idealism too far? Of course. But the ...
No tags assigned.